Saturday, December 15, 2012

Collection of the Moment: Maison Martin Margiela + H&M



I know the collection landed last month, but I just want to post this weird avant-garde campaign video, shot by Sam Taylor-Wood. My friend called it fashion epilepsy. Don't we all get that once in a while?

In other related news, the New York Post reported that sales of Maison Martin Margiela for H&M isn't going so well. This means H&M has excess inventory available in retail stores up to now. Not sure if the avant-garde aesthetic really titillated the masses. I mean, have you asked your aunt if she's heard of Margiela?

Then again, H&M intended to produced more items for Margiela compared to previous collaborations. This is to address complaints that inventory for H&M's collaboration collections was not enough to satisfy demand.

If this is the case, then I am eyeing that deconstructed biker jacket that Jamie Bochert wore in the video. Let's see if it'll fit me. Ha!

No comments: