Saturday, January 21, 2012

Introspection of the Moment: Time to Move On

On the run
This is in response to Holly Robinson's article "Why I Told My Daughter to Quit Her Job": Yes, Ms. Robinson, spot on!

As Ms. Robinson stated, having a job should be looked as a stepping stone to a job that you truly want to do in life; it should not be considered as your sole source of income that you should enslave yourself to.

If you do not enjoy the job, sure, stay for a while until you get your life stabilized (as in, pay the bills for the apartment, gain experience, build up professional contacts, etc.). For the meantime, be honest with yourself about what you really want to do in life, something that you truly can exclaim "I love doing this!"

Trust me, life is too short to stick to one gig.

Another thing: if a job becomes dreadfully mundane and you are sincerely not learning or developing new skills, then I only have this response for you: Time to move on!

Trust me, life is too short to stick to one gig. I'd be more than happy to try many things and find out my true passion than be unadventurous and stick to a miserable job. Don't get me wrong, we need jobs that can give us a living, but there's only so much suckiness we ought to take.

Image from -saturdaynightlive.tumblr.com

No comments: