Friday, August 21, 2009

Activity of the Moment: Third Molar Out


This week is definitely one of my worst weeks. Why, you say? Well, I blame my freaking third molar (a.k.a. wisdom tooth, or more specifically, no. 17 in dentist lingo) for growing horizontally, i.e. it was lying down instead of standing.

On Monday, I went to the dentist to get it removed. It wasn't painful because the dentist happily injected me with anesthesia. But, I have to hand it to him: Never in all my 19 years of living was I forced to open my mouth so wide as to accommodate his equipment inside. I swear, he drilled me ungraciously that spit was flying all over my face. It was so nasty.

The good part, though, is that I never tasted blood nor felt my gum being slashed open. However, one of the assistants did put the suction-thingy on my tongue. That was uncomfortable.

Anyway, I'm on the recovery stage as my swollen cheek starts to lose its inflated glory, and my stitches are closing. I hope I won't look weird when I go to school next week.

4 comments:

Ahahgshene said...

hey hamster face,

i missed your absence in blogger.

btw, lorraine, mel and i went to hollywood today. HAHHAHA >.< oh man melissa is crazy!

loves,
abby

Nico said...

Awww, I'm glad that you guys went out anyway. But I do hope you forgave me for bailing. :(

Trish said...

oh im glad my wisdom tooth aint out yettttt or whatnot!! or that it hasnt erupted yet XD

hope you feel better soon nico!

Nico said...

Thanks Trish. I'm getting better. It's just the swelling that sucks.