Thursday, September 2, 2010
Reflection of the Moment: Aims and Misses
It's almost the end of the year and I'm taking stock of some important events. I should be doing reflections toward the year's end, but I'd rather have more time to undo or anticipate some things. Here's nostalgia and optimism at work:
What I Miss
1. Summer vacation - no matter how much I ranted about it, in the end I miss it. Dearly.
2. Cousin-ly bond - when my Kansanite cousins came over, I realized how much more fun it would be if they lived right here. They definitely brought the crazies.
3. Summer school - I failed to take summer school so this is a literal miss. Now I'm behind a semester. Wonk wonk.
4. Abby - she moved to Las Vegas for good reasons, but I already miss her! Well, at least she's not on the other side of the globe.
What I'm Looking Forward To
1. Posting my first September feature - it's under works but I'll reveal it when the time comes! Do stand by for updates.
2. New York Fashion Week - Spring 2011 collections en masse. What can be better than that?
3. My birthday - huge event I'm half-heartedly anticipating. Pro: I'm gonna be legal! Con: more responsibilities. Best of both worlds.
4. Visiting Abby - no matter how far away she is, I'll still visit her. Time to save some money, honey!
And if you're wondering why I have some somber-titled music for this post, don't fear! I am not in some emo phase, on the verge of cutting myself. I just like this song. Don't believe me? Go listen!
Video from youtube.com