Thursday, December 23, 2010

Archive of the Moment: Zara in Hollywood


This was one of my early posts about Zara coming over to Hollywood. It's interesting how I saw things differently back then (actually it was just last year). I don't know how to describe it though. Anyway, below is my account of my first visit to Zara:

I haven't been out for a while so I decided to head to my second favorite spot (first place goes to Eagle Rock), Hollywood/Highland. The mission: to score one of them quarterly magazines from H&M. Unfortunately, as soon as I stepped onto Hollywood Blvd., I immediately failed my assignment.

The perpetrator: Zara

Little did I know that the space bombarded with scaffolding right next to H&M is now the new Zara store. And since Zara is pretty new here in Hollywood, I thought it would be a great idea to tour the place, to get the feel and ambience of the Spanish label's version of fast-fashion.

Frankly, I was overwhelmed by all their offerings!

On the first floor, I saw Fall dresses, thick jackets, faux fur, and a myriad of platform heels. On the second floor, I viewed racks and racks of men's coats, and some more jackets and shoes. Frankly, I was getting overwhelmed by all their offerings that I didn't know where to start. Then again, my mission wasn't to go there in the first place.

As I perused their coats (because I deem it necessary for Fall), I discovered that their price range is lightyears away from me! I was so disappointed to get this realization. But, that didn't prevent me from discovering more of what Zara has to offer. They have faux fur-collar coats at $279 (!) a pop, and cadet jackets that suggest Sergeant Pepper and his ilk. Also, they have hi-top trainers that I thought would look great on me.

Alas, no cash means no shopping. But on the positive side, Christmas is on the horizon. That means cash, and hopefully lots of it!

Image from la.racked.com

5 comments:

Thanh said...

God, I wish Zara exited in San Diego. There's something I want from Zara, but the closest one to me is in Costa Mesa/Irvine. I might ask to do a phone order, but I'm not sure if they do that. If not, I guess I'm gonna have to drive!



paperwhales.blogspot.com

Shane B said...

no zara store in hollywood before this one?! anyway, zara is a good place to find big desginer inspired pieces like their balmain inspired pieces from this past winter:) best of all, their stock changes very two week so there's always something new to browse~~

ching said...

there's no Zara here in Cebu but when i got to Manila and saw it there, i was immediately drawn by it and had to try the coats on.. then went away coz i was scared by the price.haha

noone said...

I love Zara! I can't wait to go shopping in Vancouver so I can go visit Zara :D hope you are having a great holiday

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Hey Nico! I am super excited to step inside Zara and check it out myself. I will be back in California this Feb 27, 2011. First week of March I will be in Vegas and LA. =)