Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Epiphany of the Moment: O How He Loves




It's almost like clockwork. As soon as the hands of time tick 12:00 AM in January 1 of every new year, deep seated thoughts arise. Thoughts that hope the best for the days to come, that resurface unbridled optimism, that motivate resolutions. But how often do we adhere to these? Oftentimes, we don't. Even worse is we forget them.

How fascinating is it, then, that our Father in heaven never forgets to love us. Isn't that amazing? God chooses to love us self-determined and wayward creatures that He built a way for our salvation through Jesus.

Why not be thankful today?

"How He Loves" by David Crowder Band is a song that expresses just that, God's unconditional love. In the lyrics, Crowder describes how God's affection is akin to the forces of a hurricane to a tree--immensely powerful that once we realize its existence, we can't help but embrace His glory.

So before we greet each other Happy New Year, let's not forget to thank God, the creator of the universe, time, space and life. Even better, why not be thankful today?

Video from youtube.com

4 comments:

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

awwww Nico!

I'm thankful in general now.
Ever since I visit Cali, I've been talking to adults and well... they made me realize that I've been quite ungrateful. Even Auntie Heidi lectured me about it. It was like a slap on the face for me.

Anyway, let's be thankful in general! WOOT WOOT

Wenny said...

I'm with you Nico. Let's be thankful and appreciate all the gifts that are present now in our lives.

One cannot fully embrace life without first appreciating life itself.

Cheers & Happy New Year!!

noone said...

aww nice post. i think we should be thankful for everyday, at least I am for the fact that I'm financially stable and physically well :)

ching said...

oh i love these kinds of songs. it gives me goosebumps. i like listening to Chris Tomlin's How Can I Keep from Singing. and yes, let's always be grateful for everything.
ps. we did fireworks and saw some. the neighbors were pretty extravagant with fireworks.haha