Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Event of the Moment: Turkey Day!


I just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I know, I know, this holiday is the most American as one could get (besides 4th of July, which is the time when Americans get all crazy with patriotism), but I want everyone to have a great Thursday. A huge bonus is the fact that Black Friday is coming up next! For those not familiar with Black Friday (no, it's not the holy week Black Friday, for you Catholics), it's the Friday after Thanksgiving where retailers and department stores slash prices to all of their merchandise (50-80% marked off). Its purpose is to spur consumerism before Christmas arrives. Plus, it's a time to check all that Christmas wishlist off your back.

Indeed, there will be turkey, pumpkin pie, green bean casserole, and other food tomorrow! Unfortunately, my family won't be reenacting the whole Pilgrims dining with Native Americans thing. I'm just imagining me in a Pilgrim costume. I wonder what that would be like?

Thanks to Trish for taking the initiative of photoshopping me

7 comments:

Trish said...

happy thanks giving nico!! & we're not going to have any of those traditional food except for uhh pumpkin pie? haha so not americanized!

our feast will consist of home made filipino meals tho & some american stuff like baked chicken (instead of turkey) haha & mashed potatoes that we're going to make in the morning! yummmmmm!!!

we wouldnt be celebrating except that my uncle & his friends are white so we kinda have to XD

i can imagine you in that outfit, funny image in my head, wow! i should photoshop it if i can LOL

FriendzCentury said...

Talking of nontraditional festive food, I remember celebrating Christmas one year with roast duck, lobster and plenty of seafood dishes A La Chinese style LOL! Guess it makes a change to the traditional turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Trish said...

PS: check out my blog nico! i had a made a picture of you in a pilgrim's outfit XD!

(http://makapuno.blogspot.com/2009/11
/behold-pilgrim-nico.html)

C A said...

HI DARLING, SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE, YOU ROCK! DO YOU JAZZ TOO? LOL ;)

@ MAISONCHAPLIN.BLOGSPOT.COM

Nico said...

Thanks Trish! Now, I know what I look like. And hooray for jazzing things up this holiday!

Manju said...

happy thanksgiving Nicoooooooooo!
you ate so much huh!?!
lucky you don't put on weight then lol ;P

C A said...

HI DARLING, THANKS FOR THE COMMENT, GREAT POST, HAVE A NICE WEEKEND! ;)

@ MAISONCHAPLIN.BLOGSPOT.COM