Monday, December 21, 2009
Round Up of the Moment: 2009's Bad Fashions
Every one knows that 2009 is one dramatic year whether it is for fashion or beyond. Even more so if you add the whole decade in the mix. So, before handing in the reins toward a Happy 2010, The Wall Street Journal obliged to offer a brief look at 2009's best and worst fashions. But who really wants to see the best, when you can grimace at the fact you wore the worst? Here are fashion reporter Christina Binkley's worst fashion findings:
Worst of 2009
1. Killer Booties: Binkley thought it was too "draft horse"-esque because it piles so much details on the shoes--platforms, animal prints, zippers, chains, and many more. Then again, maybe some women looked at draft horses for inspiration.
2. Skinny Jeans for Men: Honestly, this is one trend I absolutely love. I love my skinny jeans no matter what. Since every pair of jeans look baggy on me, I'm actually glad retailers started offering something that wouldn't look overwhelming for my legs.
3. Short Shorts with Tights: It's bad because "chunky horizontal blocks of color will make you look several inches shorter and wider." However if you are built like a fashion model, then go for it!
4. Power Shoulders: Binkley lamented the fact that she gets to relive the 80's--again. But for those young enough to never experience football/power shoulders, it looks so darn alluring. It goes to say that the worst decade for fashion just may end up being the treasure trove during the recession.
5. Necktie Blouses: Wait, they make these? Anyway, I think a separate shirt and tie would work best because it extends the mileage of the shirt. Unless you know, you have to have a tie around your neck every time.
6. Harem Pants: All it conjures is MC Hammer and Genie from Aladdin. That's all I have to say.