Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Recap of the Moment: Milan Fashion Week Part 1
Part and parcel of greeting the New Year are the Fall-Winter menswear shows in Milan. Venerated periodicals and websites are currently in flux of runway photos and critic reviews. Lucky for you, I am neither a critic nor an editor so I'll spare you the gargantuan essays. Here are my notes of Milan's collections in ten words or less:
1. Marni - earth tones, leather sleeves, colorblocked monk strap shoes, simple silhouettes.
2. Dolce & Gabbana - tailoring, grays, drop crotch, burgundy, fur anoraks, specs, pecs.
3. Burberry - checks, skinny pants, a flurry of produce-colored (carrot, olive, blueberry, peach, broccoli) coats, plastic raincoats.
4. Bottega Veneta - gray suiting, colorific trousers and coats, leather pants (if bad boys wore color, this would be it).
5. Jil Sander - colorblocking, fuchsia, cream, textured shirts, layering (a muted continuation of Spring 2011).
All images except topmost and Dolce & Gabbana from nymag.com; topmost from isaaclikes.com; Dolce & Gabbana from tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com