Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Recap of the Moment: Milan Fashion Week Part 2
Alas, there is more to Milan menswear shows than meets the eye. See more below:
6. Costume National - stripes, casual suits, turtlenecks, more gray, bright piping on coats.
7. D&G - product placement, streetwear, candy colors, headphones, American Eagle gone luxe.
8. Versace - darkness, utility belts, textured leather trousers, quilted coats, royal blue (my new IT color).
9. Frankie Morello - pyjama suits, turbans, blankets, mustachioed/bearded ski masks, knit overload.
10. Prada - boxy fit, oversized tops, chevrons, jockey shorts, carrot pants, metallics.
So what are your thoughts? Yay on another resurgence of drop crotch, or nay on oversized boxy jackets? You think colorblocking is the way to go, or just stick to one color à la Versace? One thing is for sure: color is the trend for Fall-Winter 2011.
All images except topmost from nymag.com; topmost from tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com