Thursday, June 11, 2009

E-mail of the Moment: I Wrote in German!


It has been a while since I wrote an e-mail in German so I decided to practice my German chops and e-mail my professor, Herr Bach! It's nothing serious, just a message to tell him I heard of a German song on TV, and hopefully to help acquaint himself to pop culture (he's pretty old). Here's the Schreiben:

Hallo Herr Bach! Wie geht es Ihnen? Moegen Sie
Sommerferien?

Herr Bach, ich habe eines Lied gefunden! Der Titel ist ''99
Luftballoons" von Nena (they were famous in the 80's). Es gibt zwei Versionen:
Deutsch und Englisch. Die Deutsch Version ist beruehmter in Amerika. Moechten
Sie das hoeren? Hier ist das Glied:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQYQTFudrqc

Auf Wiedersehen,

Nico Caballo


I actually don't know how good my Deutsch is since the last time I uttered auf Deutsch was 2008. Let's see how he replies!

No comments: