Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dilemma of the Moment: Mother or Wife?


I am so inspired by Wenny's thought-provoking entries that I want to post one just for, you know, kicks. Take it for what it's worth:

There's a man in a cruise ship. He is on vacation with his dear wife and his lovely mother. They've been on the cruise for a couple of days and have been enjoying great food, sunny weather, and lots of interesting company.

One day a storm hit the ship. It rocked the ship so hard that there were warnings of capsizing. The ship was mauled hither and tither until it broke.

The captain announced everyone to grab a life jacket and run to the nearest life boat. The man grabbed three life jackets; one for him, his wife, and his mother. He jumped in the escape boat as fast as he could. Sadly, there is only one space left in the boat. Any more occupants and the life boat itself might sink.

Question: Who should he save? His wife or his mother? Should he stay in the boat or give up his spot for the two most important women in his life?

Answer: He should save the wife. He never vowed to his mother "'til death do us part," so it makes sense to save the wife.

How about you? Who would you have saved if you were the man?

Image from glocktalk.com

5 comments:

Ahahgshene said...

i don't know. that's quite a toughy. i like the idea of saving the wife though. lol.

Trish said...

wife, im assuming the mother is old & has lived her life to the fullest, its time for the wife to live her life till shes old!

Wenny said...

Awww ... thanks for the compliment. How on earth did my posts inspired you, I don't know but I'm glad it did.

Anyway, you've got an interesting scenario ... got to test on my son now ... kekeke!!!

Nico said...

Oh wenny, you're so funny. of course you're introspective posts inspire me! and yeah, do test your son.

amu said...

If I was this guy, I would get off the boat to save both of them. honestly Im not sure if I have such guts at that time though lol