Thursday, July 1, 2010

Soundtrack of the Moment: The September Issue




Approximately one year ago, I had the clamoring to see R.J. Cutler's "The September Issue". I never went mad for a movie before so this was my manic schoolgirl moment. Fast forward today, and I finally saw it not once, but twice! (Had to return the DVD, sigh....) And that goes for the oodles of deleted scenes too.

I'm sure you guys read zillions of reviews about it. Though I admit it's not the best documentary ever, it still touched my emotion-starved heart. I appreciated Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington's creative friction, ogled at Raquel Zimmerman's beauty, and gasped at André Leon Talley's celebration of the high fashion life (witness him drip
Louis Vuitton and Piaget at a tennis session).

But the icing on the low-calorie cake, I believe, is the superb soundtrack. It wonderfully complemented the shifting mood, the fast pace, and the harsh-but-rewarding reality of the industry. Do take time to hear a tune or two here.

My Favorite: "Around the Bend" by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour

Video from youtube.com

No comments: