Friday, May 29, 2009

Getaway of the Moment: MOCA at Downtown


I finally went on a small getaway yesterday. It's actually funny because it was a spontaneous plan. I left my volunteer post by 6 PM, and out of nowhere I decided to go to MOCA. Hey, it's a reward for a job well done!

But for something spontaneous, it turned out better than I expected. I boarded the bus 1o swiftly (I actually ran for it!) and dashed on the Angels Flight stairs with ease (my legs hurt afterwards), and finally went straight to Grand Avenue like I knew the place by heart. Boy, was that smooth riding.

By the time I arrived at MOCA, it was half past 6, which means free admission! Yeah, I got in for free, but I still needed to claim a ticket.

For those who have not visited the museum yet, I have to tell you, it did not disappoint. It has a pretty small square footage, but the exhibits were accommodated justly.

But I thought the real museum was...the gift shop! It was so beautiful! I wanted everything in there. As a matter of fact, they had Comme des Garçons and Issey Miyake goodies. That was a surprise. And to top it all off, they have a rack of my beloved magazines: V, V Man, Paris Vogue, Tokion, L'Uomo Vogue, Acne Paper, and i-D among others.

To sum it up, the gift shop is my heaven. I did leave the store eyeing this one Freitag bag and a Pantone coin purse. Yeah, you read that right, Pantone a.k.a. the color pallette maker.

2 comments:

Trish said...

youre a fashionista now!?!?!? haha

Nico said...

LOL to that. No, I just thought that they were really interesting coz I've never seen a Pantone coin purse before.