Monday, May 18, 2009

Promotion of the Moment: Matthew Williamson + H&M




Tired of your same old, same old ensemble? Want to break away from the monochrome pack? Have enough disposable money for new clothes?

If you answered yes to all the questions, then you're in for a treat! Starting May 14th,
H&M's newest collaboration with Matthew Williamson will be unleashed in select H&M stores. Most likely, the Beverly Center branch will get theirs. Check the website for details.

Just a little background, Matthew Williamson is very famous for (dare I say) wild, bold, and not-for-the-faint-of-heart colors and prints. That's why if you watched the ad, you see scantily clad models in ethnic prints and jungle motifs.

As for the men's collection, the same trademark of loud color and safari and techno-inspired graphics will be present. I'm not really a big fan of his men's collection because it's
way too fay. Although, I do like the dark blue biker jacket (retails for a whooping $249) sans the studs.

Not to mention the advertisement, I just have to hand it to H&M's marketing team: they did a great job. I love the whole boredom and escapist theme. Very ideal for the gloomy recession. Makes me wish I can run around Spain's beachfront wearing expensive clothes, and watch a technicolored meteor crash! And did anyone get the "I like my horse" part? That was a bit red herring-ish.

No comments: