Thursday, May 28, 2009

Horror of the Moment: Eek, Mouse!



Today, I went to church to volunteer. I did so many things like sweep the grounds, carry produce, and post flyers around the community. I thought they were easy tasks since I'm used to that stuff.

By 2 PM, the church looks spotless and I pretty much cleaned whatever needed cleaning (I had to leave some places alone because they're off limits for me) so the pastors decided that I write up something for an event. They told me to use the computer in the office.

So I was trying so hard to come up with an angle to write about (I was chatting with Helen most of the time), till the pastors told me that they had to go somewhere. I was left behind to do the paper. Lame!

All was well, until I heard this scratching noise behind me, in a corner closet. I thought it was just some stuff falling off the shelves or something. But it recurred for another time. The noise just kept repeating until it annoyed me.

So I decided to check it out. I carried a can of Lysol just in case it was not stuff. I can't really see anything because it's a closet and there is no light (duh). But I intended on finding out the mystery noise.

And then it jumped! What? I didn't know what it was until I looked on the ground and saw this teeny mouse shuffling, running for shelter.

I screamed! What? Yeah, I screamed, OK! I sprayed Lysol all over the office and now, thanks to me, it smells like "crisp linen."

Stupid mouse. Scared the hell out of me.

3 comments:

Ahahgshene said...

speaking of rodents... my hamster died again... lame! oh and did the mouse die!?

Nico said...

WHAT!? Your hamster died...again! Man, Abby that's a sign!

Oh,the mouse is not dead. Then again, we bought mouse traps.

Trish said...

where did the mouse go? o_O theres some garden mouse here, hello rat poison!